Are you looking to practice high-quality medicine at an AAHA accredited hospital? Do you strive for excellence—going above and beyond for your patients? Do you dream of igniting your career with a team that’s committed to your growth and development? Awesome! We have the perfect opportunity for you!
At Terra Linda Veterinary Hospital, we have been serving our local community for over 60 years. We are proud to be privately owned, with our local leadership in place for over 20 years. We have a unique opportunity to serve families with multiple generations of pets. We place an emphasis on educating our clients and providing transparent treatment costs. Our team strives to go above and beyond for our patients, we are committed to practicing high-quality medicine without corporate boundaries. At Terra Linda, we don’t only go above and beyond for our patients, we take pride in the training and development of our staff. Our small family has recently renewed our AAHA accreditation, and we couldn’t be more excited to accomplish this together. Join our team of All-Stars if you are ready to make a difference in our community!
What You’ll Be Working On
- Effectively communicate and educate clients on care for their pet.
- Provide hospital patient care including surgical prep and post-op care.
- Perform anesthesia, venipuncture, and IV catheterization.
- Prepare surgical equipment, including sterilization.
- Safe animal restraint/handling.
- Assist DVMs with case intake, diagnostics, treatment, and discharge.
- Monitor patient conditions during treatments.
- Maintain a positive work environment and promote teamwork.
- Ensure regulatory compliance (OSHA, DEA, CA Medical Board).
- Oversee medical support staff to ensure smooth and efficient operation of the clinic.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- RVT Certification.
- A minimum of at least two years of experience as a veterinary technician preferred.
- A minimum of at least one year of experience in a management or leadership role preferred.
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and continuous learning.
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong desire to support training and development of medical staff.
- Ownership Mentality.
- Positive Can-Do attitude.
- Sees challenges as opportunities for growth and development.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility.
What’s In It For You
- Flexible Schedule
- Sick Time
- Health Insurance
- Opportunity to make a difference
- 401(k) Matching
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Ability to commute/relocate
- San Rafael, CA 94903: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred).
- Relocation assistance can be discussed.
- Veterinary experience: 3 years (Preferred).
- Veterinary Technician Certification.
- $30 – $35 an hour – Full-time